Thursday, October 4, 2012

Proud to be a Pioneer


From elementary school to high school, there are many changes. One change that I never had to make was going to a different school. I have been a pioneer since day one of kindergarten. No matter what grade you're in, or how smart you are, there is always a teacher to help you out. As a third grader, my teacher was Mrs. Harms. She is my favorite teacher from Elementary school. She was encouraging about everything and even put my seat by my friends. In her class, we learned cursive writing and multiplication, just to name a few. Mrs. Harms taught us many valuable lessons and warmed my little heart.

When I got to high school last year, I was amazed by the amount of activities that I could be involved in. I wanted to do everything. The end of eighth grade year I planned on doing, volleyball, basketball, tennis, softball, speech, student council, key club, band, jazz band, debate, and other activities. I had to narrow my list down quite a bit. Last year I participated in volleyball, tennis, softball, speech, student council, key club, band, and jazz band. That may sound like a lot, but it kept me busy and kept my grades up. I am still in awe of the amount of opportunities there are to be involved at Okoboji High School.

School's main purpose may be to teach students, but to me it's about finding what I really want to do. As of a few weeks ago I was dead set on being an x-ray tech. Now, I'm really not sure. My future, past high school, seems like a long ways off, but I know that it will go by fast. I want to experience everything that I can in high school. By being enrolled at Okoboji, I have so many more opportunities than I would somewhere else. I am proud to be a Pioneer. 

2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of extra-curricular activities. That really is something to be proud of about Okoboji.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that our extra-curriculars along with caring teachers help keep our options for the future open.

    ReplyDelete