Thursday, October 4, 2012

Proud to be one

I think I am proud to be a pioneer externally because of the academic prestige. Our Grading scale is higher than that of most other schools including the college grading scale. Our teachers out perform others in the area and are known for such. The school takes to changes in natural ways of life and adapt to them efficiently. Things like one-to-one computing are still unheard of in plenty of areas. The school tries to work with requests, whether it be what goes in the vending machines, to being able to chew gum, or more recently, the use of cellphones. On the outside, i'm proud to say the things our school accomplishes academically. On the inside, I feel a great personal attachment to the sports I participate in, no matter the outcome. Loosing may be frustrating, but I don't have words to describe how proud I am to be putting forth such great effort with people on a team, no matter what the team may be. I have done sports, drama, and debate and the feeling never changes. When effort is put forward, I can be proud to say that I am One.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with you that our school is great at adapting to change. We are very lucky to have one-to-one computers. We also see our policies continually changing with the change of technology which is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think about the grading system. I agree with you when you talk about that. We may be a small school, but definitely have academic prestige.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey, I do agree that our teachers are top notch. Our teacher's moral code is higher than anybody else, and our teachers make sure that we as the students are successful every day and prepared for the outside world.

    ReplyDelete