Friday, October 19, 2012

Education Reform

I enjoy the talk about educational reform. It usually involves the thoughts we've had since we were young that have been suppressed by the establishment. Schools and parents make children feel like trouble makers for wanting some individualism. I have agreed for years that the very broad and general education is useless and the more specific education would be necessary. Ont he contrast, however, I feel like an understanding of the world around us and it's deep and various contents would be a great concept to grasp. Plus I use algebraic functions in problem solving, and the concepts are great for every day life.

4 comments:

  1. I do agree that having a grasp on the various contents of the outside world would be the best thing for us. If we want to be prepared for the real world, we ave to know what is out there first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too felt like we would get in trouble if we asked for more choice in what classes we would like to take. A student who wants to be a chef when they finish high school shouldn't have to take the same math classes with someone who wants to be a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that we need to grasp the world around us by learning at least some of the basics that are out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what you said about how a more specific education would be beneficial. Not all students will end up doing the same things, so schools should teach them the basics, and then tailor to their individual interests.

    ReplyDelete