Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Steve Jobs


While Steve Jobs was a very successful man in worldly terms, I am not entirely sure I agree with his values. I don't think I value life for the same reasons he does. I mean, that is his choice, but it seems to me that he values happiness and money, even if this is masked by his "never settle" speech. See, I don't think being happy is what you should strive for in life. We were put on this earth for a reason, and that reason may not always be easy and comfortable. While Steve Jobs is an eloquent speaker, and no doubt extremely successful, is there anything wrong with the individuals who work hard, but may not be seen as successful in the worlds eyes? What is success defined as anyways? No one can debate whether Steve Jobs was smart, wealthy, and changed the technology industry forever. However, I hope that my life doesn't end up revolving around the same ideals that his did.

No comments:

Post a Comment