Sunday, September 2, 2012

To be, or not to be? (Amish)

After reading the article I realized a little better how much I depend on technology and social media. I think that Jake did the 'Amish Project' because he wanted to have real friends and connections outside the electronic world. He wanted to find out who his real friends were and who would support his project. Jake learned that everyone is pretty much addicted to electronics. When he wouldn't reply to a text message right away, sometimes the person who sent it would get angry with him. I would most definatly be willing to participate in a similar experiment, but maybe not quite as long as Jake's. I would love to do something like this to find out things that Jake did. I would find out who would support my experiment and still be my friend when I finished it. I think our society as a whole is way to 'plugged in'. We may not want to admit it, but we all waste too much time on Facebook, Twitter and all the other social media's. If we all participated in something similar to Jake's experiment our society would greatly benefit from it. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree because I realized how dependent I am with technology and how much I use social media.

    ReplyDelete