Monday, September 10, 2012

Steve Jobs

Let me begin by saying that even if your opinions differ from those of Steve Jobs, listening to his advice would be beneficial seeing as he was very successful. By telling these graduates to have the courage to follow their hearts, Steve Jobs captured mine. The layout of the speech kept me interested as it mixed motivation and reassurance with a touch of vanity. I suppose he did have a right to brag-he's Steve Jobs.  I agree with Steve Jobs in that I believe finding something you love to do will help to ensure success. A good point that he made was not to settle. I feel that often times we accept the "just about" or the "good enough," but by expecting more out of yourself, you will go on to do greater things. One particular quote that stuck with me was, "You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards." Whatever way you connect the dots, Steve Jobs was an extremely successful man not only in business but in his life philosophy.

3 comments:

  1. The connecting the dots quote is very true. That stuck out to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you said about peoples opinions about Jobs. It's true, If you want to be successful, get advice from successful people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too agree that finding something you love to do will help you to be successful in life.

    ReplyDelete