Friday, September 28, 2012

Failure: Good or Bad?

The culture of today's schools presses for success. The drive to do well in school sometimes overwhelms students. My fear of failure pushes me to work extremely hard at times. I will stay up extra late to practice or study, and the next day I will be so tired that it defeats the purpose of my hard work. Fearing failure is not always a bad thing. When failure is catching up to you, it drives you to work harder and overcome it. In the process of reaching success, failure not always a horrible thing. If you fail, it will set your focus straight and adjust your goals. Whenever I fail in life, metaphorically or physically, it makes me think about what I did wrong and also what I can do to fix it. For the girls at Wimbledon High School, their participation in "Failure Week" will change how they view failure. It may change their view from negative to a somewhat positive occurrence. Overall, I think that failure when needed is most definatly, not a bad thing.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you that failing can be a good or bad thing. Either way, failing happens sometimes and it is ok as long as you know how to handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that failure can be an opportunity to readjust goals. Often times we forget how beneficial failure can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I makes sense when you talk about the fear of failure being both a good and a bad thing. I hadn't really considered the fear of failure pushing me in a good way as well.

    ReplyDelete