Sunday, September 9, 2012

Connecting the Dots

I wish I could be as successful as Mr. Jobs if I were to become a college drop out, but the odds of that are slim to none. I liked his saying of, "You can only connect the dots by looking to the past". The future is never set in stone so trying to connect the dots for your future is okay, but always understand that it's subject to change. One of the ideas of Steve Job's that I questioned was his thoughts on never settling. He said in his article that, "The only way to do great work is to love what you do. What if you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle." Well, what if you never settle? What do you do with your life then if you never find something that makes you happy? I often wonder about that because nothing ever seems to sit with me. I also feel that if I continue to keep looking, I'd give up and settle on something that would just be 'good enough'.

4 comments:

  1. I agree that I can be and will be hard to find something that you love to do. It'll be escpessially hard to find the thing that I love before I settle on someting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. His advice was good, but not for everyone. I also have a hard time with not settling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that settling will be a difficult task that consumes all of our lives. Maybe that's the point he was trying to make.I feel that he meant to never stop striving because what you do could always be better. It's like the quote Mrs. Witt posted. "A paper is never finished, only abandoned." I think Steve was trying to say that about careers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand where you're coming from. I often find myself getting bored very easily and very quickly with whatever I'm doing. I'm constantly finding new things to do to stay busy and occupied. I find myself settling a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete