1. Read this article from The New York Times. It discusses some of the reasons that students are cheating more today.
2. Then create a new blog post (of at least 150 words) responding to the article and these issues with cheating. I wish that this blog post could be anonymous, but I can't figure out a way to still use blogger without your profile. However, I really would appreciate honesty as you write. I think this is a topic worth exploring. Think about the following:
- What were the reasons the author gave for cheating today?
- How much has the increased use of technology in schools played a role in the increase of cheating?
- Do you think cheating and plagiarizing is a problem in our school? If so, what do you think are the causes?
- Do you think students fully understand the definition of cheating and plagiarizing?
- Do you think cheating is a serious offense? Why or why not?
- Do school officials and teachers do enough to stop cheating and plagiarizing? Why or why not? (I really won't take your answer personally.)
- Anything else from the article that deserves your response?
3. Comment thoughtfully on at least two blogs written by your classmates.