Friday, August 31, 2012

To Post or Not To Post

Growing up, I was raised around cell phones and computers. They became a part of my life. They were a way to talk to friends and family. My parents at first didn't mind it until my brothers and I would fight over the computer. We had our own computer room where we would spend half the day out. Right when we got home we would literally race to the computer room and whoever got there first would be on there the rest of the night. So, as you can see, I was raised around all of this technology and now I have between 2000 and 3000 texts per month. I would seldom call anybody except I have recently gotten into talking to people on the phone and I would have probably about 20 or more tweets a day. Technology has a huge effect on my life. Kudos to Jake Reilly for taking 90 days off of his phone, Facebook, Twitter, and whatever other social media sites he was involved in. I personally do not think I would be able to do it because I'm constantly texting someone and most of the time they aren't from my school so if I wanted to go hang out with them I would need to text them so I'm not driving to their house when they're not there. Although I would like to say that I'm not addicted to Twitter, or Instagram, or my cell phone, I would sadly be lying.

2 comments:

  1. It is easy to understand how you feel about cell phones because it is hard to get away from after having them in your life for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with the twitter aspect, because, as Maddie knows, I tweet a lot. I think social media is very controlling.

    ReplyDelete