Friday, August 31, 2012

I don't think I could be Amish...

I've never really considered the idea of ditching technology for a long period of time. From personal experience, I feel completely awkward without having my phone on me for even brief periods of time. For Jake to be able to do that, I think it would take a HUGE amount of patience. I wouldn't be able to go more than a week without my cell phone unless required to do so. I need to have other distractions that will make me oblivious to the fact that I don't have it. I'd also have to ditch my iPod, which would be incredibly hard, because I'd be upset more frequently without my music. I admire Jake for being able to go so long without social media, and learning to improvise new ways to communicate not only with his friends and family, but others as well.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about the iPod's and MP3's that would have to go. That makes it even harder.

      Delete
  2. I think he was focusing more on social media technology. Did the article mention iPods specifically?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with Billy on this because I too pull out my phone as situations/conversations become awkward. Instead of doing this we should push through the awkwardness and be social.

    ReplyDelete